London | £25-30K/year | Ref. VAC13942
An International IT/technology related company is currently recruiting an HR Assistant to assist the existing HR team in all areas of HR and reception cover. This is a busy and varied role with the main emphasis on recruitment administration, reception cover, payroll checking and supporting HR colleagues.
- Registering of incoming CVs onto Excel, forwarding to recruiting division by email, liaison with managers/directors and agencies.
- Arranging interviews, booking rooms, sending invitations, emailing building security to arrange building passes for interviewees.
- Attend first part of the second interviews (and second part if needed) to cover HR paperwork (benefits, PPA, right to work checks etc).
- Preparing offer and contract documentation.
- Making up new employee folders, printing docs for welcome packs & assembling packs, arranging & sending invitations for induction.
- Conduct Health and Safety induction sessions.
- Liaison point for European recruitment including but not limited to; collating paperwork, checking detail, submission to Japan.
- Contractors: Invoice checking; arranging contracts & monitoring return; scheduling for renewal reminders; assisting managers to produce accurate and detailed IAs.
- Assist with requesting agreement for us to perform Cr and DBS checks; checks when submitted & Process invoices.
- Updating of various spreadsheets such as Org Chart, Layout, Staff Details.
- Quarterly (+ ad hoc) orders of business cards; Staff requests, Liaison with printers, orders, pricing, invoices etc.
- Help with checking JDs, for accuracy and typos and follow-up of missing/outstanding JDs.
- Help checking appraisals have been completed correctly and follow-up of outstanding appraisals.
- Reception work to cover annual leave, sick absences etc.
- GDPR compliance (new suppliers, employees and data deletion). Assisting with payroll verification. Arrange letters to staff/candidates requesting agreement for us to perform Cr and DBS checks; Oversee checks when submitted; Process invoices.
- Attend grievance and disciplinary meetings as note-taker; Promotion of best practice. Issue of eye check vouchers.
- Assign payroll number (alpha/numerical update); Add to relevant months payroll notes for: >start > pension AE > rise after trial > end of FTC > pension re-enrol if opts out; add to starters list & leavers list if on FTC;
- Update recruitment starters checklist; Add to Staff Details spreadlist; Add to pension schedule; Add to bulk upload HR support for colleagues, covering absences etc.
- Ad hoc tasks as detailed by line manager
- Some understanding of HR Policies and previous HR experience is essential.
- Good computer skills & knowledge of Office software
- Reliable, flexible and co-operative
- Trustworthy High understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Polite, friendly and helpful, with a ‘can-do’ attitude Quick learner / able to work at fast pace
- Attentive to detail and Multi-tasker
- A good and polite communicator at all levels Professional and commercially aware
- High standard of English
- Salary – up to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Location – London
- Benefits – competitive benefits (including travel expense)