Greater London | £25-30K/year | Ref. VAC-13285
Our Client is Europe’s largest importer and wholesaler of traditional oriental foods products- providing not only to the East Asian restaurants and food service sector, but also to major supermarket chains throughout Europe.
This role is suitable for those who would like to start their career in accounting (without experience), have good PC skills and numeracy, and good attitude to work within a team.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
- Credit control to handle orders and payments from customers over phone and email.
- Inputting payment receipts from customers to SAP and Excel
- Dealing with suppliers and customers and answering calls from them
- Issuing credit note to customers and communicate with the Sales department.
- Checking all payment receipts with bank statements and credit card statements
- Preparing daily sales book report and updating daily cash flow.
- Posting Invoices, payments, staff expenses and credit card statements to SAP
- Bank reconciliation accounts for multi-currency accounts
- Checking, inputting and preparing of weekly payment runs and other General Ledger relating payments.
- Support month end close and prepare the relevant documents
- Preparing EC Sales report, Instrat & VAT return
- Create payment online Banking, Posting Invoices, journals and staff expenses
- Bank reconciliations
- Create daily cash books and check bank statements
- Posting and reconciling bank accounts for multi-currency accounts
- Maintaining daily cash balances to ensure all the banks have appropriate level of balance
- Handing and maintaining petty cash and monthly entry to SAP
- Recording credit card statements, administering the account and producing monthly reconciliations
- Processing employee cash and credit card expense claims and checking documentation in respect of expense claims and maintaining filing of expense claims
- Preparing payment and the relevant documentation to make sure of all payments.
- Ensuring payment requests are correctly approved and raising the appropriate paperwork
- Checking, inputting and initiation of weekly payment runs and other General Ledger relating payments.
- Calculate monthly staff expenses and sickness
- Office work experience particularly accounting/finance is advantage but not essential.
- Analytical & Excel (VLOOKUP) Skills
- Can read/write/speak Japanese language
- ERP system (such as SAP) is advantage but not essential
- Problem solving & decision making
- positive attitude to learn new knowledge
- Good Communication skill
- Driving the car – Advantage
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-17:30
- Salary: £20,000.00 – £25,000.00 (depending on skills & experience)
- Benefits: Pension contribution 3% & Staff discount to purchase the company products