Gillingham | £25-30K/Year | Ref. VAC-12411
Database Administrator for both SQL and SAP HANA is required immediately for one of the world’s largest Fire Detection equipment manufacturer in Gillingham.
The role will see you working across the whole spectrum of database administration as well as support in a Microsoft / SAP B1 environment. You will be part of a small team in a physical and cloud based environment. You will also be expected to liaise with teams in different geographical locations.
The core responsibilities you will take ownership of include;
- Database Management of all production servers within the domain including regular maintenance, daily backups, disaster recovery, security checks, and general database support and standards. This will include all production database servers.
- Database Management of all other servers within the client’s domain including regular maintenance, daily backups, disaster recovery, security checks, and general database support and standards.
- General Server and Network support when required.
- Desktop Support when required.
The technical capability / commercial experience you must possess are listed below.
- Windows 2008/Windows 2012
- Active Directory
- User management
- Share administration
- VMWare 5.5
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, routing and sub netting
- SQL Server 2012 / 14
- Ideally some Report Services / Crystal Reports (advantage)
- User and security administration
- Creating and dropping databases
- Backup, restore and DR procedures
- Managing and creating jobs and maintenance plans
- Performance monitoring and optimisation
- Good Transact SQL
- Writing stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Data modification and validation
- Loading and extracting data using DTS, TSQL and SSIS
- Command line tools
- Qlikview / BI Technologies (advantage)
- Change management and technical documentation experience
- Knowledge of .NET Framework (advantage)
- Desktop support
- Windows 7/8
- Office 2013
- Internet explorer
- Numerate, literate, strong analytical skills
- Self-starter, well organised and high productivity
- Deadline hitter with interest in being part of growing venture
- Passion for technology and excellent communication skills.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-17:00
Annual Leave Entitlement: 20 days + UK bank holidays
Other benefits: Pension
Job Type: Permanent