London | £23,800-32,500K/Year | Ref. VAC-13422
Our client is a leading Japanese trading house dealing with a number of different products and raw materials, ranging across steel, metals, lumber, petrochemical and food products. The headquarters are based in Tokyo and the company itself is listed on the Tokyo and Osaka stock exchanges with an annual turnover of 16 billion USD.
The company has an international network with over 75 locations worldwide. The London Branch is currently involved in the steel sales, fuel supply to ocean vessels and non-ferrous metals recycling in Europe, the Middle East and also Africa.
The Role: Metals & Recycling Department Sales and Purchase Administrator
The role will require being able to work well under pressure, managing time efficiently and prioritising effectively.
– Liaising with HQ in Japan, overseas offices and with customers and supplier in Europe and elsewhere in the world.
– Processing Purchase and Sales confirmations,
– Arranging and following shipments and deliveries,
– Checking, issuing invoices and shipping documentation,
– Chasing Customer payments,
– Assisting traders with various customer queries,
– Market research,
– Booking tickets, hotels, meeting venues,
– Ordering Office supplies,
– Taking incoming calls, welcoming visitors,
The ideal candidate: will need to have a high sense of responsibility, being independent, reactive and willing to be involved with the process of sales and purchase from negotiation to payment.
Working in a busy office of 17 people, the candidate must be a team player but also able to take the initiative to move on an individual level, willing to learn, and put their own ideas toward improving working methods and efficiency.
Joining a growing business the candidate will have a more and more significant role as the business develops with opportunities for advancement.
– Fluency in English and Japanese is required,
– A basic/conversational knowledge of other European languages is preferred,
– Excellent IT skills, and proficiency in Microsoft office package (Excel, Word and Power Point),
– Educated with a University degree is preferable.
– Experience in a similar position and knowledge of international trading is a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: GBP 22K- 30K per annum plus bonus (min 1 month salary)
– Commuter’s travel allowance: Up to Zone 4 (London).
– Paid annual leave: 20 days per annum and UK Bank Holidays.
– Private health insurance.