London | £22-24K/Year | Ref. VAC13180
An International media company is now recruiting a Japanese speaking Researcher/Reporter to join their friendly team in London.
This is a rare and great opportunity who has strong interests with current affairs and eager to work within Media industry, utilising language skills of Japanese and English.
• Monitoring UK and Japanese media daily for news / sports stories
• Compile research on a variety of topics for Japanese correspondents
• Assisting correspondents with all aspects of the news gathering process
• Writing articles for English language service, possibility of being published in Japan’s biggest English language paper
• Arranging and conducting interviews for stories
• Attending press conferences, sports events and other media events where necessary
• Transcribing interviews for Japanese correspondents
• Able to work some weekends and weekday evenings where necessary
• Bilingual in Japanese and English
• Some media experience favourable and a strong interest in the press with a particularly good knowledge of current affairs and sports, and ability to spot interesting / emerging stories
• Strong knowledge of social media and excellent research skills
• Very good English writing ability with great attention to detail and excellent communication skills as at times required to interview high profile individuals
• Ability to work under pressure and good team player
• Other desirable skills:
• Strong knowledge of IT
• Salary: £22,750 p.a., including annual bonus
• Other benefits: Travel allowance(up to zones 1-6), overtime paid, pension contributions, annual leave 25 + 8days
• Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 – 17:30 (with 1 hour break)
• Full-time, permanent role
For more information, please contact us immediately!