South West England | £20-22K/Year | Ref. VAC12056
Our client is a Japanese leading automobile component supplier.
To supervise quality activities, including inspection of parts, handling customer complaints and parts rejection issues. Also to assess capabilities of existing and potential suppliers, compile necessary documentation for new parts and get approval from customer.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 3pm with NO WEEKENDS!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise inspection activities, ensuring that all goods inwards are inspected to the required standard.
- Ensure that all inspection equipment is calibrated to necessary standards at all times
- Ensure that quarantined parts are correctly controlled.
- Liaise with customers regarding quality related issues including rejections and improvement requests including customer visits where appropriate.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding quality related issues including rejections and improvement requests, including supplier development activities when appropriate.
- Communicate details of quality issues to other departments to ensure all parties have the relevant information to handle parts correctly.
- Assess quality requirements for new parts, assessing supplier capabilities and discussing with customers, including supplier assessments where appropriate.
- Compile documentation (PPAP, ISO etc.) to get approval from customer, based on submissions from suppliers.
- Supervise quality inspector towards meeting the goals of the department.
- Report quality status to the management on a monthly basis.
- Other extraordinary assignment by General Manager relating QC issues.