London | up to £45K/Year | Ref. VAC12974
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced and self-motivated Sous Chef to assist Executive and Head Chefs in running the kitchen of central London’s well established Japanese fine dining restaurant.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Creativity: Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way
manage the entire kitchen, from the dishwasher to the cooks. Being a good leader, who can assign tasks, hire the right people, motivate workers in a high stress environment will help you immensely.
• Leadership Skills: Sous chefs are in charge often manage the entire kitchen, from the dishwasher to the cooks. Being a good leader, who can assign tasks, hire the right people, motivate workers in a high stress environment
• Hand-Eye Coordination: All chefs work with knives and must have excellent technique when cutting and preparing food.
• Sense of Taste and Smell: Delicious food brings in customers. Sous chefs are the last line of defense to make sure each piece of food is safe, prepared correctly and tasty.
• Time Management Skills: Kitchens get busy quickly, food can get ruined easily if you cannot manage your time. Great time management will help you avoid burned or spoiled food and angry customers.
The ideal candidate will have several years experience in a similar Japanese restaurant as Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie with a sound knowledge of both contemporary and traditional Japanese cuisine including Sushi work. You must be able to motivate your team and keep the kitchen clean and presentable at all times.