London | ～£33K/year | Ref. VAC 13672
Excellent opportunity for those who has got server and network knowledge and would like to gain further career within international environment.
The job holder is to design, deploy and maintain the company’s business related infrastructure (servers, services and applications) and monitoring systems for customer networks, services and applications all the time aiming to minimise cost, maximise revenue & profit, also to provide 2nd/3rd line support, customer support services, and support to Solutions, Network Consulting & Planning, Pre-sales, other company divisions and group companies.
• Provisioning, detailed planning, design and implementation of core systems and services, including hardware, software, servers and applications.
• Network element configuration including day-to-day service delivery.
• Network and server implementation and optimization.
• Migration planning and execution.
• Proof of concept testing and acceptance testing.
• Creation of handover documents, providing internal training as necessary.
• Development and implementation of new features and services.
• Consideration of the most profitable system and implementation methods.
• Vendor negotiation and control.
• 2nd level troubleshooting with relation to company divisions and external customers if required & escalation contact (if necessary, outside of working hours)
• Maintain secure operations and keep the environment tidy.
• Documentation for implementation and modification.
• Project and service delivery schedule management.
• Project and service delivery arrangement with their HQ in Japan as well as branches in Europe.
• Periodical status report to your line manager.
• Endeavour to reach the project target provided by your manager.
• Time management and project coordination for smooth implementation.
• Report any incident to your superior in timely manner
• 2nd Line support for company website (external)
• Ad-hoc tasks as requested by line management
• Server Experience, Linux/Windows server environment. PHP, Perl, MySQL skills.
• Network Knowledge, TCP/IP, Data Transmission, L2/L3 VPN, Multi-Layer Networking.
• ISP related server application. I.E. SMTP, DNS, HTTP, Radius, SNMP Monitoring & Traffic Management.
• Experience in monitoring applications such as icinga, nagios, solarwinds and others (opmanager)
• Facility Management, Network Cabling, Equipment Installation.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Microsoft Outlook.
• Strong time management/multi tasking & organisational skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Some web related coding skills are advantage but not essential
• Related qualifications such as CCNA are beneficial
• Working within international environment (particularly with Japanese) is a plus
• Salary – Up to £33,000 per annum
• Benefits – Commuting travel expense (within London), discretionary bonus, Medical/Dental plan and other benefits are available
• Location – London