London | £38-40K/year | Ref. VAC-13414
A Management Accountant is urgently required for a City-based group trading company to join their Accounts Department as soon as possible.
Contract type: 12-month contract for Maternity leave cover, full-time
The contract period can be extended and there is open possibility to be a permanent depending on the performance.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
The Accounts Department has direct responsibility for the UK Accounting function, as well as supervision of the regional Accounting function, including Moscow. It liaises closely with all business and non business units located in the UK and the Region
The position holder will support the internal and external management, the accounting, tax and VAT functions of the company, its branches, subsidiaries and associated undertakings. The position holder will report to the General Manager of the Accounting Department, and the Deputy General Manager
• Monthly Management Accounting for Business and Non-Business units located in London.
• Supporting Business Units with accounting, tax and VAT advice.
• Preparing statutory financial statements of the company ready for audit
• Preparing Corporation Tax Returns for the company ready for review
• Maintaining Fixed Asset Registers
• Supporting the JSOX audit, including gathering of evidence and updating of documentation in conjunction with GM and DGM.
• Assisting with quarterly and year-end consolidation reporting to Tokyo HQ
• Preparation of ad-hoc reports, including analysis and variance reporting,
• Liaison with Japan HQ, its branches and other entities located within the European, Russian, NIS Region
• Provide cover and support for other members of London accounts team.
• Supporting and mentoring junior members of staff.
This position requires someone who is ideally a recently qualified accountant with full knowledge and practical experience of IFRS.
Benefits: Be eligible on successful completion of probation.
• Employer contribution of 8% of basic pay to Pension Scheme
• Life Insurance of 4 x annual salary
• Private Health Insurance
• Personal Travel Insurance
• Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan