London | £20-25K/Year | Ref. VAC 13740
Are you interested in Media industry?
EXELLENT OPPORTUNITY as a Researcher is available for those who has strong interests in financial and economic and would like to start their career in media industry.
Our client is one of major a Japanese media related companies providing financial/economic information on papers and online.
This is an integral role in the Editorial Department and the job holder involves the gathering of information for their correspondents as well as schedule and interview arrangement.
The ideal applicant should have a keen interest in business, finance and international affairs and journalism, and is expected to be flexible.
- Conducting research on a range of current affairs topics
- Reporting findings back to correspondents in a clear, succinct manner
- Making short, effective summaries of assigned topics
- Attending conferences, taking notes and reporting findings back to the Editorial Bureau
- Conducting short interviews both in person and by telephone
- Gathering information and comments from a wide range of people on specified topics
- Working under pressure and meeting time limits in a busy newsroom
- Ability to adapt to the demands of working with a 24hr news cycle
Other Ad-hoc Duties
- Various other administrative support tasks for the editorial department
- A demonstrable interest in Economics, Business or Finance
- A good eye for accuracy and detail
- Ability to engage with people of all levels confidently
- Ability to communicate ideas efficiently and clearly
- Excellent command of English language
- Knowledge of Japanese culture and language
- Experience working within the media or within a research role is desirable
- European language ability is a plus
- Salary: up to £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Starting as a Temporary staff, with a view to become a permanent employment
- Location: London City (Currently working from home)
- Working hour: 9:00 – 17:00
For more details, please contact us immediately!