London | £25-30K/Year | Ref. VAC13850
Exciting opportunity for those who are fluent in Japanese and English.
Our client is a governmental organisation specialised in supporting Japanese corporates in securing a stable supply of natural resources. Their London office focuses on research and development in EMEA area.
They’re currently looking for a Researcher who can conduct industrial and other researches in order to provide valuable information for relevant corporates.
- Regular reading of industry publications and websites, then making short summaries daily
- Compiling these short summaries and reports on industry-related news twice a month (if possible in Japanese)
- Attending conferences in London or online (1-2 times per month)
- Occasional business trips to attend mining conferences in Europe (4-5 times per year) and Africa (1-2 times per year)
- Note-taking and writing up reports/summaries of seminars and conferences (in Japanese)
- On-line based basic mining industry researches for mining countries
- Ad-hoc research as requested by the head of metals, Tokyo head office and other branch offices, on subjects such as metal markets, government policy, mining regulation, licensing rounds, mining developments, stockpiling, exploration project status, environmental issues, compliances and responsibility of mining industry, and recycling of metals
- Accompanying the head of metals on meetings with external analysts and advisors, and writing up concise summaries of these
- Relationship-building with industry and government representatives and analysts
- Attendance of daytime and occasional evening briefings and receptions in London
- Native-checking of papers and PPT presentations from London and head office
- Other administrative supports such as arranging the meeting, booking travels for managers when necessary
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Native level of English AND business level of Japanese (reading and writing)
- Excellent writing skills as well as good communicator
- Salary – £25-30,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Location – London
- 2 years’ contract (renewable), other benefits are available