London | £11.79/hour | Ref. VAC13846
We’re currently recruiting a Japanese speaking Research and admin assistant.
This is a unique opportunity for those who has got good Japanese language ability and would like to gain further experience within governmental organisation.
Assist with project-related work
- Assist in the preparation and operation of seminars and workshops, mainly events organised by the Africa Desk (venue arrangement procedures, distribution of information emails, receipt of applications, preparation and inclusion of materials, venue set-up, reception and induction, etc.).
- Liaising and coordinating with governments, organisations, companies, experts, etc., as required for the project.
- Networking with governments, organisations, companies, experts, etc. necessary for the operation of the Africa Desk.
Assistance in research-related work
- Gathering information on politics, economics, business, etc. in the UK, Africa, etc. (Gathering information on various statistics, legal systems, industrial information, etc., mainly through the Internet, newspapers, participation in various seminars, interviews, etc.)
- Prepare various materials using the information gathered (various reports, PowerPoint documents, draft business briefs, etc.).
- Compiling UK press coverage (checking various press reports on a daily basis and compiling key articles in Excel).
- Liaising and coordinating with government, organisations, companies, experts, etc. for interviews, etc. necessary for research.
Others (general affairs within the research and support team for companies entering the market)
- General affairs necessary for the team’s operations (telephone reception, registration, booking of meeting rooms, various procedures, filing, sending out mail, etc.)
- Native level of English and Conversational Japanese language (JLPT N2 or above) is mandatory
- Proficient user of Microsoft office tools
- Team player, have good business manner
- On-going temporary (to be renewed every year)
- Hourly rate – £11.79 per hour
- Annual leave – 38 days (including UK Bank holidays and other holidays)
- Location – Central London