London | £11--12/hour | Ref. VAC22451
We have an exciting opportunity available for those who would like to utilise their language ability (English and Japanese) and work within governmental organisation.
We’re recruiting a Japanese speaking Research assistant (English native level proficiency required), who is going to support various aspects of trading business between Japanese and European companies.
- Collect information and provide information in response to consultations on the export of Japanese products to the competent countries (e.g. by e-mail, telephone, interviews, etc.).
- Collect information, prepare documents and reports on import and sales regulations and systems in the countries under their jurisdiction.
- Respond to enquiries for products from companies in the competent countries
- Respond to consultations from Japanese companies on market research, buyer listings, etc., in cooperation with their headquarters, regional offices, coordinators in the competent countries.
- Assist in other export promotion-related work, after prior consultation with the director.
- Other general affairs and administrative duties such as receiving enquiries, mainly in English, from inside and outside the office, and refers them to the appropriate department within the office and to the appropriate parties outside the office.
- A native level of English proficiency both in oral and writing English documents suitable for business use.
- Have a good understanding of the social, cultural and business customs and practices in the UK, and be suitable to work with companies and others in the country of jurisdiction, fostering a sense of trust.
- Have a good level of communication skills in Japanese, equivalent to JLPT N2 or above
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams
- Knowledge of basic internet and computer networking systems.
- Able to take on responsibility and challenging tasks in support of Japanese exporters and UK importers.
- Full-time on-going temporary
- Hourly rate – £11-12/hour
- Location – London
- Annual leave – 37-38 days a year (inc. Bank holidays)
For more details, please contact us immediately!