London | £22-23K/Year | Ref. VAC13856
An International media company is now recruiting a Japanese speaking Researcher/Reporter to join their team in London.
This is a rare and great opportunity who has strong interests with current affairs and eager to work within Media industry, utilising language skills of Japanese and English.
- Monitoring UK and Japanese media daily for news / sports stories
- Compile research on a variety of topics for Japanese correspondents
- Assisting correspondents with all aspects of the news gathering process
- Writing articles for English language service, possibility of being published in Japan’s biggest English language paper
- Arranging and conducting interviews for stories
- Attending press conferences, sports events and other media events where necessary
- Transcribing interviews for Japanese correspondents
- Able to work some weekends and weekday evenings where necessary
- Business level of Japanese and English
- Some media experience favourable and a strong interest in the press with a particularly good knowledge of current affairs and sports, and ability to spot interesting / emerging stories
- Strong knowledge of social media and excellent research skills
- Very good English writing ability with great attention to detail and excellent communication skills as at times required to interview high profile individuals
- Ability to work under pressure and good team player
- Other desirable skills:
- Strong knowledge of IT
- Salary: £22-23K/p.a.
- Other benefits: Discretionary bonus, Travel allowance(up to zones 1-6), overtime paid, pension contributions, annual leave 25 + 8days
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30 – 17:30 (with 1 hour break)