London | £25K/Year ～（depending on experience） | Ref. VAC-13044
The world’s largest firm that focuses its practice solely on global immigration law is currently recruiting for a fluent Japanese speaking Paralegal to be based within our Japan practice in London.
About the Company
The International immigration firm with headquarters in the US has 44 offices in 20 countries supported by more than 3,000 immigration professionals and staff – including more than 300 attorneys, solicitors, or comparable immigration professionals. delivers solutions worldwide. These resources allow them to provide strategic and effective immigration solutions to numerous high profile corporate clients as well as high net worth individuals in over 170 countries.
The team is specialised in the UK inbound immigration matters, predominantly working with global Japanese companies of all sizes (including start-ups, SME’s and large listed companies), assisting with UK visa applications for expats and their families, but also with private entrepreneurs and investors. The team also has an unparalleled expertise in advising on immigration compliance and assists with sponsor licence (renewal) applications/UKVI audits/fulfilling a wide range of sponsor duties and obligations. The team regularly arranges Japanese seminars, webinars, and newsletters, keeping all clients closely updated with immigration rule/policy changes.
The successful candidate for this role will receive world class training (both internally and in the role).
• Receives work from manager/senior associate/partner and delegates to juniors as appropriate
• Acts as key point of contact on client accounts with senior associate/manager support as needed
• Reviews work drafted by junior paralegals/coordinators as appropriate
• Client facing and assignee facing
• Responsibility for ensuring that billing/Fragomen Connect audits for client accounts
• Day to day contact for corporate client contact and assignees
• Legal research as required
• Participation as required in client reviews; preparation of reports and meetings and involvement in presentations and training
• Provision of legal advice and strategic advice under supervision and guidance; involvement in mentoring/training of others as well as operational issues
• Responsible for billing/WIP reports
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Significant experience in UK inbound immigration preferred
• Fluent spoken and written Japanese is required
• UK law degree
• Accuracy, attention to detail and commercial acumen are necessary
• Preferably used to working in an international environment and culturally aware