Swindon | £16-18K/Year | Ref. VAC12482
Japanese speaking Operations Associate ‘temp to perm’ basis
Our client is a Japanese leading automotive components provider
- This position will be required to assure the parts supply from the supplier in timely manner to fulfill the customer’s requirements in terms of delivery timing and quantity according to the forecast provided by the customer.
- To support the Operational logistics with the day to day management of the customer order fulfilment functions and associated processes/procedures.
- Monitor and develop new logistic suppliers in order to assure the best cost performance as well as accuracy of services.
Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 17.00 (15.00 on Fri) with NO WEEKENDS!
Salary: £16,000.00 – £18,000.00 (depending on skills & experience) plus
Benefits: Company Medical and Pension Scheme after 1 year of employment
A bonus is awarded at the end of each calendar year at the discretion of the company on the basis of company and personal performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receive the orders and forecasts from customers and communicate with them to ensure the deliveries and requirements are fulfilled on time and avoid any line stop.
- Create purchase order documents to suppliers and control the order confirmations from suppliers.
- Input data to the Systems (“Exchequer and Senko Tehai”) accurately and monitor customer’s forecasts and the warehouse stock level to avoid any potential stock shortage and report to the operation supervisor for any discrepancies and fluctuations.
- Investigate any discrepancies in forecasts and actual takings by analysing the data and communicating with customers, and report to the operation manager.
- Communicate with suppliers to arrange deliveries of goods in time by monitoring the warehouse stock and customers’ orders.
- Communicate with forwarders to arrange shipments from overseas and monitor the progress of the shipments until they arrive at the warehouse.
- Receive purchase invoices from suppliers and forwarders and cleared and reconciled before the end of month posting
- Keep record of ocean freight and air freight arrangement and report to operations supervisor.
- Monitor the system stock and actual physical stock in the warehouse and carry out weekly sample stock takings and investigate and correct discrepancies.
- On a daily basis communication with customers and/or suppliers and also in liaison with other departments (Sales, QC and Warehouse) will be essential to keep sufficient but not excessive stock level.
- Review, maintain and update ISO processes and procedures related to the Ops Department
- Take part in the stock take activity at the end of June and December.
- Must be fully conversant with Microsoft office (esp. Excel: v look ups and pivot tables)
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to create open and effective relationships with customers through regular telephone & e-mail communications with customers, suppliers and internal departments
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience for processing orders and raising invoices
- Previous Automotive experience
- Excellent time-management and organisation skills scheduling work, chasing suppliers, despatches
- Oral and written Japanese language skills are highly desirable