Belgium | E3000 - E6000/Month | Ref. VAC-13055
Our Client market leader in the field of air conditioning is looking to recruit a Conceptual Product Design Engineer to work within its EMEA Development Center. This vacancy is open to both recent graduates and candidates with experience.
The Product Development Section is part of the EMEA Development Centre. For new developments the engineers communicate and collaborate closely with the related manufacturing and design groups to development new technologies from initial concept to prototype.
The company recently established “advanced development” groups, focussing on either heating or air conditioning products. The advanced development groups initiate the conceptual design of new products, while the other development teams more focus on improving and adjusting existing products.
As conceptual product design engineer, you will be involved in the advanced development of heating products, taking into account the requirements of the different stakeholders (customers, manufacturers, etc). You are the link between the local department teams (Design, Quality, Production, Sales, Procurement).
Your responsibilities are:
• Generate new design solutions from initial concept to prototype to meet the market requirements, specifically related to the technical design of products
• Seek continuous improvement opportunities for products taking into account quality, cost optimization, standardization, compatibility..
• Visualize concepts/designs in 3D
• Design and evaluate prototype parts and assemblies for engineering tests and qualification
• Take ownership of your projects (coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, budget control, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved..)
• Define the product specifications
• Ensure accuracy and update of design documentations (3D drawings, engineering notices, Bill of Material..)
• Lead technical discussions with internal clients and external suppliers/manufacturers
• Discuss regularly the technical status and progress with your management
• Providing training to R&D engineers with respect to technical, mechanical design
• Master degree engineering / Product Design (mechanical design)
• Interest lies in the technical design of products, more than the esthetical.
• creative mind and eager to look for innovative solutions.
• Knowledge of SolidEdge is an asset
• strong analytical background
• able to work in an autonomous manner and to take initiative
• self-discipline to draw up timetables, set priorities and guard deadlines
• Good knowledge of English is essential