Heathrow Airport | Negotiable | Ref. VAC13887
We’re currently recruiting a Baggage and Passenger service agent to join this internationally renowned travel/Airline company.
The role is to make sure that passengers and their Baggage safely board the aircraft at the right time, handling baggage and passenger irregularities while performing unparalleled customer Service, also to supervise the safely loading and unloading of the aircraft on the ramp.
- Supervising and managing the safe Unloading and Loading of the aircraft cargo compartments following regulation and safety compliance.
- Performing the above while working in partnership with Ground Handling agents on the ramp safely ensuring good communication and accuracy as required.
- Give passengers a warm welcome and a positive experience, as you will often be the first or last person that passengers meet when they start or complete their journey.
- Carry out Passenger Service duties for both arrival and departure flight handling, such as Check-In passengers, Ticket Desk duties (e.g. book and amend itineraries and handle general ticket enquiries)
- Special Services, arrange meet and greet for VIP’s
- Departure Flight preparation, seat planning, Arrival Flight preparation and Departure Gate reconciliation Handling
- Host and supervise check-in facility & Staff
- Flight Management
- Monitor flight status to take necessary action including connection flights
- Handle enquiries related to Baggage claims (such as lost, settlement, delayed baggage, baggage reconciliation)
- Work with relevant Ramp & Baggage Ground Handling Company to ensure the highest baggage performance for both arriving and departing aircraft.
- Complete daily and monthly performance reports
- Complete and sign off AAA flight manifests to ensure compliance.
- Monitor and ensure VIP bags are loaded, connecting flight statuses and take necessary action to ensure baggage is loaded accurately.
- General Office duties when necessary
- Excellent customer service skill, to greet, help and reassure passengers to the highest level while handling any pertaining questions related to flight handling, and having the ability to turn a negative situation into a positive.
- Computer literate (MS Word and Excel) with the ability to learn systems and processes to a high standard
- Able to demonstrate a flexible and positive attitude, attain excellent customer service skills and to communicate well at all organisational levels.
- Have a high awareness of safety, security, compliance and regulation.
- Be a good negotiator for claim settlements.
- Close attention to detail as there is important documents and money aspects involved.
- Efficient and effective decision making and the ability to take own initiative while working effectively as part of a team
- Time management skills
- Full UK Driving license
- Location: Heathrow Airport
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience, with various allowance and discretionary bonus
- Working hour: shift rotation
- Benefits: competitive benefits are available
For more details, please contact us immediately!