South East England | £30-40K/Year | Ref. VAC-12321
An Assistant Purchasing Manager is urgently required for Japan’s leading whole pharmaceutical wholesaler to join its rapidly growing UK office.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00 – 17:30
Annual Leave Entitlement: 20 days + UK bank holidays
Role and Responsibilities:
• Obtain information on potential new products and locate the cheapest sources anywhere in the EU.
• Assess the potential impact and commercial viability of new products in the UK market. Liaise empathically and effectively with EU suppliers, taking into account cost, availability and continuity of supplies.
• Maintain a database of information relating to potential new products.
Work cooperatively and effectively with the Regulatory Affairs department on all issues associated with licensing products.
• Maintain records of stock usage through sales, economic order quantities, lead times from suppliers and other supplier performance information and supplier spread sheets to ensure price lists are correct and up to date.
• Liaise with the sales department on a regular basis to ensure stock tum is maintained, minimize out of date products and provide excess stock information.
• Ensure orders are placed in a timely fashion so as to ensure stock is received in advance of being required.
• Ensure that records of current outstanding orders and part deliveries are fulfilled, so as to understand, at any time, the unfulfilled purchase orders position of the business.