London | £49-55K/Year, Negotiable | Ref. VAC13483
The Accounts Department has direct responsibility for the UK Accounting function, as well as supervision of the regional Accounting function, including the group’s office in Russia. It liaises closely with all business and non-business units located in the UK and within the Region.
The position-holder will support the internal and external management, the accounting, tax and VAT functions of the London office, its branches, subsidiaries and associated undertakings. The position-holder will report to the General Manager of the Accounting Department, and the Deputy General Manager.
- Monthly Management Accounting for Business and Non-Business units located in the London branch.
- Supporting Business and Non-Business Units with accounting, tax and VAT advice.
- Preparing the statutory financial statements of the company ready for audit (under FRS101)
- Preparing Corporation Tax Returns for ready for review
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Registers
- Supporting the JSOX audit, including gathering of evidence and updating of documentation in conjunction with GM and DGM.
- Assisting with quarterly and year-end consolidation reporting to Tokyo HQ
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports, including analysis and variance reporting,
- Liaison with staff in the Tokyo HQ, the other European branches and other entities located within the Region
- Provide cover and support for other members of London accounts team.
- Supporting and mentoring junior members of staff.
<Practical experience required>
- Management and financial accounting
- Exposure to UK Corporate Tax and VAT
- Group Reporting / Consolidation
- Managing month-end close
- Previous experience within Japanese organisation is an advantage but not essential
<Competencies and personal>
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & Word skills
- Knowledge & Practical Experience of IFRS
- Recently Qualified Accountant
- Excellent verbal and written communication with employees at all levels
- Previous team leadership experience
- Commitment to self-development
- Strong all-round Accounting and Finance knowledge
- Self-motivated, proactive person who can work autonomously when required
- Ability to provide feedback on department efficiency and suggest possible improvements
- Salary : £49-50,000 per annum, negotiable depending on experience
- Location : City, London
- Competitive benefits are available including annual incentive, pension scheme, Private medical and more
For more details, please contact us immediately!