Greater London | £21K - £26/Year | Ref. VAC-TECHNICAL
A leading Japanese food distributor in Surrey is looking for a enthusiastic technical assistant.
Do you like Japanese foods? This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who likes Asian/Japanese foods and wants to know more about the food industry.
You will be a hands on assistant that will know and understand all aspects of the business.
- Handling complaints from customers, and providing complaint trend in a regular basis;
- Answering inquiries from customers and updating relevant documents if it is needed;
- Completing customers’ questionnaires and forms;
- Handling product tractability and assisting with product recall if it is needed;
- Maintaining product specifications suppliers’ folder up-to-date;
- Maintaining all standard operational procedures (SOP) are up-to-date, and assisting any new SOP development with relevant teams.
- Maintaining product data base;
- Handling non-conformance and ensuring all relevant protocols are up-to-date, as well as the re-training programmers are done if it is needed;
- Providing technical training and/or suggestion when it is needed and ensuring all operational activities are following correct procedures;
- Assisting with NPD and ensuing all food products purchased are complied with current regulations.
- Assisting with all kinds of audits, such as BRC, local authorities, and audits from customers.
- A Passion for food, specially Asian food
- Strong commitment to safety, quality, compliance and customer/supplier satisfaction.
- knowledge of current food distributor and/or food technology
- Knowledge of HACCP/BRC and food safety management systems
- Relevant professional qualification such as Food Safety
- Strong processing and analytical abilities
- Well-developed interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of UK/EU food legislation highly desirable
- Customer focused individual desirable
- Able to respond quickly to operational demands
- Advanced computer skills, like Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), data bas
- Salary – £21-26K/per annum, depending on experience
- Location – Surrey (commuting by car is most convenient, can also commute by public transport)
- Bonus scheme