Greater London | £25～30K/Year | Ref. VAC-13613
Our Client, one of Europe’s largest importers and wholesalers of traditional oriental foods products, prides itself in providing high quality products to the East Asian restaurants and food service sector as well as to major supermarket chains throughout Europe. They are recruiting an Import Coordinator to join their professional and fast-paced team.
*Please note that due to the current situation, their staff mainly work from home and attend the office when necessary, they’ll go back to the office once the situation is stabilised, therefore applicants must be able to commute to the office in Middlesex.
Not everyone can be an import coordinator, especially for such an established firm. To be considered you must be comfortable undertaking the following responsibilities:
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
- Check shipping line freight rates monthly, negotiating competitive prices, and also verifying the correct rates for each container.
- Obtain and check necessary shipping documents from suppliers for forthcoming purchase orders.
- Provide shipping documents to forwarders, no later than 2 weeks before ETA.
- Receive container schedules from forwarders, update SAP, and a shared file accordingly.
- Update SAP with accurate shipping details such as quantity loaded.
- Get the bills of exchange signed by directors and send them back to the bank
- Issue Cost Work Sheet
- Input landed cost and invoices into SAP
- Report to buyers if extra charges have occurred, such as rent or exam fees.
- File the paperwork (purchase orders, shipping documents, delivery notes, etc) in a timely way.
- File and save import documents
- Apply for rice and flour license.
- Raise payment request forms for each PO.
- Post samples to suppliers.
- Bachelor degree preferred, but not necessary
- Excel, Word, SAP.
- fluent in English, plus Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or Vietnamese is an advantage.
- Experience in shipping lines or forwarding agencies is an advantage.
- Work experience in Importing & Exporting is an advantage
- Work experience in HMRC, Port Health, is an advantage.
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00
- Salary: £25,000.00 – £30,000.00 (depending on skills & experience)
- Location: Middlesex
For more details, please contact us immediately by submitting your CV to us.