London | £25-35K/year | Ref. VAC13553
Our client, an Asian food wholeseller operating globally, is currently looking for a Japanese speaking Buyer to join their professional and friendly team.
Asian foods market has been growing steadily and expanding their business worldwide.
The role Buyer is to work with other teams to develop new product ranges and improve existing product ranges, also to keep products in a winning position in both price and quality aspects compared with competitors’ products.
- To liaise with Sales Departments to obtain sales forecast and customer feedback, in order to manage demand, plan and place the orders to avoid any shortage and overstock.
- To liaise with manufacturers and check the shipping/delivery schedule of incoming containers/deliveries.
- To get the best quotation and terms from suppliers if required to find new items. (You may need to look for new suppliers for products required through search engines such as BRC Directory, Valid IT and each country’s Food speciality websites.)
- To manage and develop supplier relationships, ensuring that all suppliers are developed to achieve target levels of business.
- To liaise closely with the Technical Department to ensure that all new products, ingredients and manufacturers conform to current legal requirements and food safety standards.
- To set up new product codes on SAP database, in accordance with the Purchase procedure. Ensure the item data is maintained and up to date.
- To ensure that all importing documents and certificates comply with relevant current legislation.
- To resolve any problems with suppliers, Technical Team (quality issue), and warehouse (delivery issue), and to support Purchasing Assistant if there is any issue for suppliers you are responsible.
- To review regularly the items you are responsible for to identify any issue.
- Business level of English AND Japanese (both languages are mandatory)
- Bachelor degree is desirable
- Proficient user of Microsoft office (Excel, Word). Experience with SAP is highly advantage
- Experience in similar industry/position (Purchasing/buyer or in Food business) is desirable
- Work experience in Importing & Exporting is also desirable
- Salary – £25-35K/per annum, depending on experience
- Location – North London (commuting by car is most convenient, can also commute by public transport)
- Other benefits are available
For more details, please contact us immediately!