London | £25-35K/year | Ref. VAC13666
Excellent opportunity as a Purchasing/buyer within an international Food related trading company.
Based in their London office, the job holder will be in charge of purchasing/buying foods products for their Ireland branch.
This is a great opportunity with prospective career progress within the company.
Key Tasks/ Responsibilities:
- To liaise with Sales Departments to obtain sales forecast and customer feedback, in order to manage demand, plan and place the orders to avoid any shortage and overstock.
- To liaise with manufacturers and check the shipping/delivery schedule of incoming containers/deliveries.
- To get the best quotation and terms from suppliers if required to find new items.
- To manage and develop supplier relationships, ensuring that all suppliers are developed to achieve target levels of business.
- To liaise closely with the Technical Department to ensure that all new products, ingredients and manufacturers conform to current legal requirements and food safety standards.
- To liaise with suppliers to collect accurate and up to date item data for storing in SAP system, in accordance with the Purchase department procedures.
- To ensure that all importing documents and certificates comply with relevant current legislation.
- To resolve any problems with suppliers, the Technical team (quality issue), and warehouse (delivery issue), and to support the import arrangement team if there is any issue for suppliers you are responsible for.
- To review regularly the items you are responsible for to identify any issue.
- Excel, Word. SAP is desirable
- Native or fluent in English. Japanese and other Asian language is advantage but not essential
- Experience in Purchasing or in Food business is desirable
- Work experience in Importing & Exporting is an advantage
- Bachelor degree is desirable
- Salary: £25-35,000 per annum. Negotiable depending on experience
- Other benefits are available
- Location: North London (currently partially working from home)
For more details, please contact us immediately!