South West England | £26-29K/Year | Ref. VAC12217
Our client is a Japanese leading automotive components provider
To develop suppliers with regard to sourcing of products to ensure that they meet the standards of the customers in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
Mon to Thu 8.30 – 17.00 (15.00 on Fri) with NO WEEKENDS!
Salary: £26,000.00 – £29,000.00 (depending on skills & experience) plus
basic 20 days (rising to 22 days in Year 2, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days ) holiday apart from the bank holidays
Private Medical and Contributory Pension Scheme after 1 year of employment
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be responsible for all activities within the Purchasing Department
- Implement monthly and bi-annual schedules to attain department goals in conjunction with the Purchasing Department annual business plan.
- Manage the RFQ Summary process and associated records
- Produce RFQ monthly reports
- Manage the production of Product Masters ensuring all relevant approvals have been attained
- Review and compare quotations from suppliers, negotiate with suppliers and provide the Sales Department with quotations. Analyze supplier data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Communicate with suppliers on a daily basis either by phone or e-mail
- Research and locate potential manufacturers for our products and foster co-operative relationships with these manufacturers
- Undertake supplier evaluation processes with existing and potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase order for approval by the Managing Director
- Oversee the creation, follow-up and processing of requests for quotation from suppliers
- To lead/undertake cost down or resource activities to maintain active profit margins
- Maintain the supplier rating (makers layout) system, in conjunction with Sales, Ops, QC and Warehouse.
- In conjunction with the Ops Department to input data/oversee PPAP sample information. Ensure that lead times are relevant etc.
- Work closely with other departments in relation to attaining report/financial information
- Checking audit trail for all purchase/sales processes to ensure ISO compliance
- Undertake internal/supplier audits
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are clearly adhered to, including disciplinary absence, health and safety and general housekeeping
- Undertake staff appraisals, create training procedures and maintain training manuals.
- Identify areas for improvement in terms of training and development for yourself and your staff
- To participate in the bi-annual stock take activities
- Create, review and amend ISO flowcharts and work instructions – maintain and review these records at least bi-annually
Ability to read and understand technical drawings
Experience of overseeing PPAP sample information and producing RFQ monthly reports
Must be fully conversant with Microsoft office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
Full UK Driving Licence
Flexibility to travel internationally on Company business (every 3 months)
Experience of Far East sourcing
Ability to create open and effective relationships with suppliers through regular telephone & e-mail communications
Language skills: Japanese plus Mandarin would be a bonus
Good analytical and numerical skills
Experience within the automotive OEM directly or within the supply chain
CIPS or similar qualification would be an advantage in this position
Ability to undertake cost analysis with experience of MOQ’s or PPM
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent