South West England | up to £20K/Year | Ref. VAC12285
A stable and growing UK subsidiary of a global Japanese company is looking to recruit an Accounting Assistant.
- To provide book-keeping and administration and report to Accounting Assistant Manager
- To manage and instruct another branch office’s daily accounting jobs.
- It would be an advantage to communicate in Japanese with Japan HQ.
- Extensive and minute knowledge/experience in Japanese accounting/book keeping system & JSOX.
- Assist the Accounting Assistant Manager to provide efficient and timely Finance information
Mon to Thu 8.30 – 17.00 (15.00 on Fri) with NO WEEKENDS!
basic 20 days (rising to 22 days in Year 2, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 25 days ) holiday apart from the bank holidays
Private Medical and Contributory Pension Scheme after 1 year of employment
Duties and responsibilities:
- Print and review aged creditors list, to highlight invoices to be paid at month end. Prepare relevant invoices for payment run and enter into BACS system.
- Create purchase journals and input using appropriate codes. Ensure that the process for reconciliation and payment of invoices is completed accurately and to the required timescales, including where necessary liaise with other departments about discrepancies. Manage and make any necessary correction on trade purchase journals entered by other departments. Maintain accurate records of transactions.
- Operate cash allocation and arrange customer statements on monthly basis. Liaise with customer’s account payable and maintain their accounts on the accounts system.
- Maintain accurate cash payment records on cash book data base.
- Maintain accurate records of sales/cost prices on relevant systems.
- Check data held in the system, and check coding before posting. Check and reconcile relevant control sheets. Perform posting systems.
- Prepare report to Japan HQ in Japanese.
- PA duties for Managing Director
- Ad-hoc administrative projects
- Assist the MD in the production of monthly HQ statistics
- Ad hoc administrative projects, processing and dispatch.
- Ordering of stationery, printing and office supplies
- Opening; sorting; franking and dispatch of mail
- Production of holiday cards and the maintenance of holiday, sickness and absence records
- To order and replenish stocks of the drinks vending machine
- To participate in the bi-annual stock take activities
- To update/maintain policies and procedures in conjunction with ISO documentation.
- Intermediate PC skills (esp. Excel) will be required
Good analytical and numerical skills
Previous purchase and sales ledger experience
Experience of month end reconciliations
Previous experience of maintaining accurate records
Must be fully conversant with Microsoft office (especially Excel and Word at Intermediate to expert level and the ability to create PowerPoint presentations)
Ability to create open and effective relationships with customers through regular telephone & e-mail communications
Calm under pressure
Flexible to assist other departments in times of high work volumes or staff absences