London | £24K/Year | Ref. VAC-13459
A Japanese speaking Cultural exchange Programme Support Officer is urgently required for a North London based NPO specialising in homestay-based educational study programmes for student groups.
Reporting to: General Manager
To support the team in all aspects of the creation and delivery of cultural exchange programmes for Japanese school groups visiting the UK.
This is a challenging role requiring a dynamic candidate capable of meeting deadlines and multi-tasking within an office environment.
• Communicating with people of all levels
• Maintaining surveillance of all programme activities and where necessary initiating corrective actions to meet programme objectives
• Liaising with team members to ensure programme schedule target dates are maintained
• Contacting service providers to assist with the logistical arrangements of our programmes (such as coach companies and tourist attractions)
• Attending regular operation meetings and report to the team as to the progress of all logistical arrangements
• A natural forward planner, capable of meeting deadlines with an eye for detail
• Mature and comfortable dealing with senior people of all levels (in both Japanese and English)
• Well presented and business-like
• Empathic communicator able to see things from another’s point of view
• A team-player, able to get on well with others
Specific Job Skills:
• Able to speak excellent English (TOEIC ‘Grade A’ or equivalent would be a benefit)
• Able to communicate and motivate by email in both English and Japanese
• Understand the principles of good customer-care for Japanese clientele
• Must be adept in use of MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet
• Must be highly organised
• Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
• Experience in the education and/or travel industry would be a big benefit