South West England | £28K-32K/year | Ref. VAC12285
Our client is a Japanese leading automotive components provider
You will have a major contribution to the achievement of the Sales targets. You will be a good team player who will actively support the company’s values and goals. You will also ensure that you and your staff do your best to ensure the highest level of customer service for new and existing customers at all times. You will also be responsible for attaining profitable sales growth to meet mid to long term goals of the company.
Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 17.00 (15.00 on Fri) with NO WEEKENDS!
Salary: £28,000.00 – £32,000.00 (depending on skills & experience) plus
Benefits: Private Medical and Contributory Pension Scheme after 1 year of employment
Duties and responsibilities:
•Maintain and develop long term relationships with current clients to increase new business
• Develop new customer base as set out in the Sales Business Plan – contact and visit the assigned customers
• Co-ordinate customer requirements to ensure all business needs are met
• Supervise and manage the daily activity of the sales team under your control; oversee their daily activities
• Undertake the short and long term planning of goals to be achieved by the Sales Department
• Implement a monthly and bi-annual schedules to attain departmental goals in conjunction with the annual Sales Business Plan
• Control the sales price of the product to maintain the highest level of profit; establish sales price based on quotation from supplier and seek approval for profit adjustment on margins.
• To control monthly and annual sales forecast reports and present information to the MD as required
• Achieve profit and sales targets as established with the MD
• Ensure that good levels of communication are maintained between Sales and other departments to support client activities and ensure customer service is to the required level.
• Working closely with the Operation Department ensure that the customer forecast is in line with the company’s expectation
• Assist the Quality Manager(s) in obtaining supplier ratings from customers with regard to ‘customer perception.
• Support the Branch Manager/Managing Director in any Sales activities
• Ensure that all company policies and procedures are clearly adhered to including disciplinary absence, health and safety and general housekeeping.
• Undertake staff appraisals, create training procedures and maintain training manuals
• Identify areas for improvement in terms of training and development needs for yourself and your staff
• Create, review and amend ISO flowcharts and work instructions – maintain and review these records at least bi-annually.
-Experience in developing customer relationships
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Good people skills friendly with a professional appearance and demeanour
-Ability to meet customer needs-Tenacity to win business
-Able to lead and present meetings with important customers
-Project management skills from inception to mass production
-Engineering knowledge especially reading and understanding Technical Drawings would be a bonus-Excellent numerical and analytical skills
-To be able to interpret Sales data and make recommendations to the management team
-Ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy/attention to detail with regard to data analysis and/or submission of data to management
-Respond efficiently and timely to RFQ’s
-Flexibility with regard to working hours in terms of responding to customer demands-Must be fully conversant with Microsoft office (especially Excel at intermediate plus level and PowerPoint)
-Full UK Driving Licence-Flexibility to travel internationally on Company business
-Ability to create open and effective relationships with customers through regular face to face; telephone & e-mail communications
-Experience within the automotive OEM directly or within the supply chain
-Mathematics at ‘A’ level standard
-Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
-Language skills: Japanese and European Language skills would be a distinct advantage