Surrey | £30-35K, Negotiable | Ref. VAC13679
We’re currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Engineer for a manufacturing company in Surrey.
Main purpose of the job;
• Process customer returns and repairs. Ensure that all test equipment and test software is fully maintained.
• Work within the Technical Section and support customers with technical assistance on the company’s
• Provide quality control support to the Quality Manager and throughout the business.
• Liaise between internal department and external group, such as the Head Office and Overseas Factory to fill any communication gaps for technical and engineering areas
• Liaise with Operations to ensure transfer of production data is in accordance with Approved documents.
• Create and maintain Manufacturing Drawings and documents.
• Creation, amendments and issuing of AutoCAD drawings and of Build and Testing Instructions
• Ensure all reference detectors are supplied to overseas factory at six monthly intervals.
• Maintain a close liaison with Head Office regarding the design, development and production of the
company’s product range.
• Liaise with engineering departments in HQ to solve quality, engineering, cost and approval issues.
• Liaise with overseas factory to fill any communication gaps for technical and engineering matters.
• Report to your superior on a weekly and monthly basis your activities and plans for the period.
• Be continually aware of the requirements for quality and strive for improvements in all areas of work.
• Follow all instructions given by their immediate supervisor.
• Provide full co-operation to management in order to become part of a company team.
• Be responsible for keeping work areas clean, neat and tidy.
• Be fully flexible in carrying out jobs other than their normal job when requested to do so by their immediate supervisor, i.e. assisting in other departments.
• Knowledge and experience of various programming software languages such as C+
• Some experience within relevant area (such as software engineer, technical engineer)
• Electrical Engineering background is highly advantageous
• Technical Knowledge gained should be coupled with a completely flexible approach to problem solving. To
• this end thoroughly understanding fault finding analysis.
• Computer literacy, use of Word, Excel.
• Self-motivation to work unassisted when required
• Self-confidence and diplomacy to liaise internally & externally
• Positive attitude to change for improvement
• Ability to make decisions based on information gathered
• General knowledge of other departmental functions
• Japanese language is preferable but not essential
• Salary – £30-35,000, depending on experience
• Other benefits are available
• Location – Surrey