London | £23K | Ref. VAC-13106
A Japanese speaking HR Officer and PA to the Director General is urgently required for an independent government agency in Central London.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 9:30 -17:30 (Lunch Break 12:30 -13:30)
Purpose of the Job
To organise and maintain recruitment, termination, employee welfare, payroll and/or other HR administration, assist expatriate staff. To provide secretarial services to the Director General. The ability to uphold confidentiality, be discrete and loyal and have integrity.
– To prepare payroll data liaising with internal and external individuals
– To Keep all employee records including training, holidays, absences and timekeeping. Ensure all contact addresses are up to date.
– To provide secretarial services including word processing, spreadsheet and database updates, travel arrangements, meetings, memberships, business cards, expenses etc., for the Director General. Organise payment to Accounts accordingly.
– To assist the expatriate staff in all aspects of their secondment to the UK including negotiations with the Home Office, estate agents and financial institutions.
– To act as a liaison between the Director and managers, clients and general public
– To prepare expenses for the Director General and process through to Accounts.
– Some experience of the Japanese language an advantage but not essential. An interest in Japan preferred.
– Excellent written and spoken English, competent secretarial skills, numerate, good knowledge of major computer software packages (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and good organising skills are essential.
– A clear and logical mind, and good planning and information sorting and filing abilities needed.
– Ability to interact at all levels within an organisation.