London | £17/hour | Ref. VAC20558
We have an exciting opportunity available for those who would like to utilise their language ability (English and Japanese) and work within governmental organisation.
The role, Research and Business Attract Specialist, is to research and build business network in UK/Europe, and to support those companies that are interested in investing opportunities in Japan in Life Science field.
Life science field including:
pharmaceuticals, regenerative medicine, medical equipment, CRO, CMO, diagnostic services, welfare equipment/
service, Agricultural biotechnology, etc.)
- Research and make a list of potential companies (target companies) in the UK/Europe
- Approach and build connection with target companies (participation in exhibitions, conferences, networking events, etc.)
- Discuss and consult on investment opportunities in Japan for target companies (surveys, proposals, response to inquiries, discussions)
- Propose potential business partners and support business collaborations
- Build solid network with industry groups, economic groups and relevant organizations
- Coordinate and liaise with Headquarters in Japan to keep records and manage projects
- A Business level of English and Japanese proficiency both in oral and writing documents suitable for business use.
- Have a good understanding of the social, cultural and business customs and practices in the UK, and be suitable to work with companies and others in the country of jurisdiction, fostering a sense of trust.
- Have practical experience and network in the field of life sciences,
- Able to discuss and consult on investment opportunity in Japan to target companies (such as market information, strategy for entering the Japanese market, various types of advice, response to inquiries, etc.) in English
- Ability to collect information and conduct surveys in the field of life sciences. Able to read and understand policies, newspapers, research reports, Internet documents, that include technical terms in Japanese, as well as inquiries to related organizations as necessary
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams
- Knowledge of basic internet and computer networking systems.
- Full-time on-going temporary
- Hourly rate – £17/hour
- Location – London
- Annual leave – 37-38 days a year (inc. Bank holidays)