South West England | £34K～ | Ref. VAC-13161
An AA-recognised classic Country Manor House (with a modern twist) is looking to recruit an experienced Japanese speaking Hotel Manager.
Good written and verbal skills in Japanese or customer service industry/hospitality experience in Japan preferred
The hotel manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff. The role has commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
- planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
- promoting and marketing the business;
- managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
- maintaining statistical and financial records;
- setting and achieving sales and profit targets;
- analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies;
- recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
- planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
- dealing with customer complaints and comments;
- addressing problems and troubleshooting;
- ensuring events and conferences run smoothly;
- supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings;
- dealing with contractors and suppliers;
- ensuring security is effective;
- carrying out inspections of property and services;
- ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.