London | £45K/Year | Ref. VAC13364
Internationally operating IT/Telecom solution provider is now recruiting for a Technical Pre-sales Engineer.
Ideally some knowledge of Japanese language is strongly beneficial but not essential.
The role is to carry out a variety of technical pre-sales (including design, quote), co-ordination tasks, customer support and lead onsite team, to meet or exceed customer requirements. Complete tasks which are assigned by Line Managers and are part of a project or maintenance contract work, in a professional and timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Focus on transforming the business, with primary areas of responsibility including definition of strategy to meet business requirements, creating high level designs and creating road maps to deliver transformation and change.
- Participate in creating strategy, design and implementation, as well as support the operation team with complex troubleshooting.
- Lead proof of concept activities with the Cisco, PC and Server space. Responsible for defining and documenting for Pre-sales and System document, and Cisco for Routing, Switch as well as support services. Lead onsite team member and their activity check include temporary onsite cover for network, LAN, PC support for end clients
- Responsible to create proposal documents as part of delivery for any new services and support service. Responsible for the creation of detailed Implementation Plans for all engineering related activity
- Visit customer premises with 3rd party vendors as and when required for project or maintenance contract work.
- Attend customer meetings for projects or maintenance contract work.
- Maintain relevant customer maintenance documentation on file server.
- Contact and co-ordinate 3rd party suppliers or other resources to help achieve trouble resolution (including reporting to clients)
- Support and develop for meeting customer requirements and new business opportunities.
- Produce ad-hoc reports regarding customer meeting (if necessary).
- Attend customer meetings for projects or regular contract support work.
- Make BOM(Bill of materials) of equipment and quotation
- Maintain relevant customer project proposal and maintenance documentation on file server.
- Travel to their other branches and customer offices throughout EMEA region for business purposes as and when required
- Provide technical system check, support, create designs and proposals for clients or business partner
- Knowledge and proficiency in design and installation of network and server infrastructure for CISCO (Routing, Switching recommended CCNP level) and customer support for PC/LAN/Server including Windows OS/Active Directory.
- An advantage to have CCNP certifications, ideally in Switching & Routing or Collaboration.
- An advantage for customer support for trouble shooting, installation for Switch, PC and Server.
- And significant experience in designing and troubleshooting Cisco LAN, WLAN, WAN, Server and IPT Networks.
- Familiar with Data Centre, Network (MPLS, SD-WAN etc.)
- Ability to create standard technical proposal documentation, including quotation and budget.
- Proven customer service and facing experience, at all customer levels
- Flexible approach, able to work outside of normal working hours when requested (including user support onsite temporary cover).
- Japanese language skill is strong advantage but not essential
- Strong time management/multi-tasking & organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable time keeping and attendance.
- Salary – up to £45,000 per annum
- Benefits – competitive benefits available, including commuting allowance up to Zone 1-6
- Location – City, London
For more details, please contact us immediately!