London | ~£45,000 p/a. + benefits | Ref. VAC12604
The Client Service Manager will act as the first point of contact for all client enquiries and issues coming in through our Service desk.
You will provide a proactive service to the clients in all interactions for transactional enquiries, complaint management and troubleshooting problems as required, taking end to end accountability and ownership to manage the client expectations and to deliver a superior customer service experience. You will ensure an optimum service level is provided across our Transaction Banking products and services, including electronic banking channels. You will develop a high level of proficiency and knowledge of treasury and operational practices. The role holder will have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Support of customer’s daily transactions and operations, by investigating and resolving enquiries and complaints promptly, related to our Cash management products and services.
- Day to day handling of enquiries from our Japanese Corporate client base
- Handling of client user administration and maintenance requests quickly as primary contact person. Includes the issuance of documentation.
- Perform value added activities by understanding the client organization, business requirements and query pattern, and identifying solutions to recurring issues.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and maintain engagement with all internal operation teams to ensure prompt resolution of cases and client issues.
- Provide consultation to RMs and CMS contacts through EMEA branch network on online banking service products and administrative tasks.
- The timely identification, escalation and resolution of all issues and enquiries, including any clients at risk. Log and track all calls to resolution ensuring accuracy and timely reporting of metrics, and making sure SLAs are being met on a consistent basis.
- Leverage client feedback to understand client’s needs, and identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, optimizing channel usage, cross-selling opportunities, etc.
Behavioural Competencies (Essential)
• Able to analyse the clients’ perspective in various situations and determine positive or negative behaviour for opportunities to gain agreement
• Able to apply questioning skills for in-depth analysis of attitudes, situations, problems and priorities to determine optimum strategy on how to deal with them
• Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations
• A team player, eager to support and learn, and can foster collaborative working relationships across the organization.
Work Experience (Essential)
- Proven work experience in banking sector or banking operation environment within the financial service industry
- Minimum of 2 years past work experience in similar role
- Experience in call centre environment preferred
- A level (ONC / OND)
- Degree (Bachelors) desired
- Native Japanese speaker or currently studying similar degree
Functional / Technical Competencies (Essential)
- Knowledge in basic transaction banking (e.g. SWIFT, SEPA, CHAPS, BACS etc.)
- Able to identify and manage both transactional and operational risks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literate with the ability to learn client service software applications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Good questioning skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to recognize basic styles of client behaviour and how to adapt each style to create positive ‘chemistry’
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal